Ever thought that discarded water bottles and bicycle tubes could be reborn as the rug in your garden or patio?
The Sorrento Rug is handwoven with Recycled Bike Inner Tubes & PET!
Rubber "spaghetti" is woven with PET yarn on age old pit-looms - giving you the unique Sorrento rug which is perhaps the most unusual outdoor rug you will ever come across. Make your style statement in line with your green credentials, and let the world know you care without compromise. A classic, timeless colour that is super easy to coordinate with and easy to care for.
- Handwoven Rug
- Made with Bike Inner Tubes & Recycled PET (derived from recycled water bottles)
- Colours: Charcoal & Grey
- Ethically made and GoodWeave approved
- Thick, plush and hard wearing.
- Oeko-Tex certified against harmful substances
- Proudly supporting & providing income to small rural communities in India
- This Eco rug is handmade from recycled fabrics/ materials.
- Each rug is unique in colour/ style/ texture.
- Light Vacuum clean regularly. Avoid using beater brush on rugs. Periodic professional rug clean recommended.
- Remove spills immediately. Spot clean liquid with a clean cloth or a paper napkin.
- Please do not pull loose ends if any. Trim with scissors.
- This Outdoor / Indoor rug is tolerant to moisture/ water. Water will be absorbed by its surface and will dry up without causing any harm.
- Please keep away from sharp objects, hot surfaces, open fire places and excess moisture.
Please note that due to the nature of these reclaimed materials although all care is taken it is impossible to ensure that every item is colourfast, if exposed to water or moisture colour may transfer onto other materials.
PRO TIP: We recommend rotating your rug every 6 months to gain the most longevity from your rug.
Custom rug sizing available on request.
Hammer & Thread is an inhouse label produced by Evergreen Life. We pride ourselves on ensuring that all of our products meet strict design, material and manufacture criteria. Each product must be made with reclaimed, recycled or all natural materials and should be made ethically by hand. We make a point of ensuring that all of our rugs are approved by the GoodWeave organisation and Oeko Tex certified. Learn more about GoodWeave and their fight against Child Labour.